A Guide to Refilling Ink Cartridges
1. If you have never refilled a printer cartridge before always start with a refill kit. Our kits will include full instructions of how to refill your particular cartridge; if you are not successful then it has not been a great expense to you
2. Never let your ink cartridges dry out. It is always best to refill them when their is a small amount of ink left in them, this way you are not letting the print head dry up. If your cartridge has dried up the best solution for unblocking them is to use the dead head recovery fluid in a saucer and soak over night
3. Refill in batches if possible. Testing cartridges for future use
4. Always have a spare cartridge that works
5. Do not purchase large amounts of ink, unless you are confident of the process and the results
6. Black cartridges are easier to refill than coloured cartridges
7. Never over fill cartridges
8. Don't refill cartridges in a rush, and don't rely on refilling to meet important deadlines
9. Always remove the cartridge from your printer before attempting to refill.
10. Take precautions to avoid spills
11. Never put the cartridge in the printer if it is leaking.
12. Keep empty cartridges, and ones that you have refilled in a sealed plastic bag or cling film.